Supersonic Arc Metal Spray
Supersonic Arc Metal Spray is a protective coating that is especially successful to prevent storage tank corrosion. Today, epoxy coatings are widely used for metal part and storage tanks but there are often issues such as ageing, permeasion, peeling, etc.
- Using an electro-melting process, coating materials are molten in a clean chamber and the process is very stable (in comparison to the conventional flame spray and High Velocity Oxygen Fuel process).
- It is a high-speed spray vs. conventional plasma thermal spray process
- Extra dual loop inert gas protection guarantees there are no oxides generated during the process.
Coating Materials Selection
- Stainless steel 316, 317, 304
- from 0.004” to 0.080” depending on the part geometry to be coated
- Carbon Steel storage tanks such as Inconel, Hastelloy C, stainless steel, etc.
- General corrosion and abrasion resistance for metal parts
- Metal parts repair
Comparison to Epoxy/Polymer Coatings
- Scratch and abrasion resistant
- Nearly identical thermal expansion with the substrate materials, therefore no micro-cracking and failure of the protective surface
- Does not age
- Not permeable
- Localized repair available; epoxy/polymer coatings do not allow for a reliable localized repair